Wednesday, September 17, 2014

ODI Agent and NAT on VirtualBox

I have been trying to get my ODI installation on a OEL 6.5 virtual machine to work properly. As I described in my previous post I have the following configuration:
  • Windows 7 Enterprise Edition host machine
  • Virtualbox 4.3.12
  • Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.4 guest in VM
    • Oracle database 11.2.0.4
    • Oracle Warehouse Builder 11.2.0.4
    • Oracle Data Integrator 12.1.3
I usually set up networking with NAT with port forwarding. This means the port on the VM is forwarded to a port on the host (in general I use the same ports when possible) and I can access a service on the virtual machine via localhost:<port>. For instance: http://lolcahost:8080/apex for an apex server.

However when I try to access an ODI agent on port 20910 with the port forwarded to the host machine it does not seem to work. I can start the agent and it responds to calls originating from the guest, but not to requests from the host. I can get it to work by fiddling with the listening address for the odi agent, but then scheduling does not want to work.

In the end I have resigned to the fact that I will have to create a virtual machine with a static IP address and Host-Only networking instead of NAT. I have noticed however that the Host name in the agent configuration has to be fully qualified (including domain), even if the shorthand name has been included in the hosts file.

No comments:

Post a Comment